We are hiring!
Tutoring is offered on a walk-in basis with teams of two or more tutors working together. Peer tutors will be working during the following times:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings from 7-9 p.m. in various residence hall locations
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7-9 p.m. in the Younkin Success Center
Residence Hall Peer Tutors must be competent in at least one, and preferably several, of the following subject areas: Math, Chemistry, and Physics and are expected to possess:
- knowledge of the key concepts within their assigned subject area(s)
- excellent communication and listening skills
- a positive attitude and a pleasant demeanor
- patience with, and respect for, the students they are helping
- a desire to act as a good academic role model
- a commitment to acting ethically and to treating all students equally
- Full time undergraduate or graduate student status at The Ohio State University at all times throughout the semester(s) of employment. Undergraduates = 10 credits, Graduate Students = 9 credits
- 2.80 GPA or higher for undergraduates / 3.33 GPA or higher for graduate students (A grade of B or higher is required for individual classes that you wish to tutor in)
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate study (you may apply during this timeframe to begin work in the following one)
- Ability to verify one’s identity and authorization to work in the U.S.
Please also note:
- Residence hall tutors cannot also hold OSU Graduate Associateships/Assistantships.
- Our program is CRLA (College Reading and Learning Association) Certified and requires our tutors to complete 10 hours of training for the position and maintain a B or higher in any class they wish to tutor.
- Compensation is $9.00 per hour.
We are currently hiring for Spring Semester 2017! Please submit all materials to email@example.com by Sunday January 8, 2016 at 5pm.
Please note that cover letter, resume, OSU Advising Report, and faculty referral form (found at top right of this page) are required for a complete application review.
To apply, please send all completed materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. If submitted electronically, faculty referral forms must be submitted by the faculty member to email@example.com with the applicant's name in the subject of the email. This form can also be submitted in hard copy to Sarah Cole at 190 W. Woodruff Ave. Columbus, OH 43210 but the Faculty Referral Form must be in a sealed envelope with the faculty member's signature across the seal of the envelope.
All materials will be reviewed and select candidates will receive an interview invitation. Materials will be reviewed at the deadline and only complete applications will be considered.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!